Friday, January 25, 2008

Who's a procrastinator...


Uh ME! For as long as I have known myself I have been a procrastinator. I made the mistake of making a "Resolution" to do better...so far...uh let me get back to you on that...

One of the main things I wanted is a schedule for me and my house. I have tried flylady and I think it would work but the annoying emails every 5 min was starting to make me have a panic attack!! So I am asking the advice of my lovely blog friends to enlighten me if you have schedules for yourself and what they are and how to implement them. I have finally decided to change!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Since I always throw my two cents in...
For me, it's all about priorities and list making. You are making time for what you deem is most important. If you find yourself vegged out in front of the TV, whether consciously or not, you have determined that is the most important thing for you to do.
I keep a to-do list at all times and look at it many times a day to see what I have going on. I also never do anything without scheduling it in my planner.
I always start my day with exercise, because it wakes me up and gets me going and gives me energy to get through the day. I get a lot more done during the weekdays when I start my day with exercise than I do during the weekend when I take a break.
I also say, don't overwhelm yourself with goals. If your New Year's resolution list was 10 things, cut it back to the two most important items and start there. Once you have incorporated those two goals into your life, add something small to that.
Also remember that nothing is completely scheduled when you have a child. You have to allow some flexibility in your schedule, but never let your child be your crutch for not following through. It's going to be harder to accomplish tasks than pre-child days, but you can do it!

***LIZ*** said...

This is a great goal! I unfortunately have the same problem, so no help here.