Saturday, September 8, 2007

Gabi's first camping trip.

This weekend we decided to be active members of our ward and go on the ward campout in Payson. We had a hard time getting out there, with both of us having to work and Gabi being extra fussy (having a melt-down), but we made it. We got there a little after 9pm. Big thanks to Chris and Lolly for letting us borrow their lantern! Our new bishop and another member of the bishopric helped us set up our tent.

There wasn't much time to talk that evening, but we bundled up Gabi sat around the fire for an hour or so before we went to bed. She slept untill about 6:30AM and then we had breakfast around 7ish. We left for home around 9:45. We had not been camping in quite some time so it was fun to be out in nature again....even if you could hear the traffic from the highway. :)

Jack's Note: On the way home we stopped at the Circle K in Payson for some water and a caffeinated diet beverage. As I waited for the foam to subside on my little vice I overheard one of the local (delete "rednecks" and add "characters") calling to the three hellions raiding the candy isle. Fittingly enough, their names were Winchester, Remington, and Deringer (I don't know why he didn't go with Ruger for the third kid...maybe he already has a dog by that name?). You all know that I love guns...but even I could never go that far. I think Annie should keep that in mind the next time I put forth my suggestions for baby names.



Mom, Dad, what is camping? Will...will there be bears?!?!

Our 3 man (or 1 man, 1 woman, and 1 baby) tent.

Baby and Dad sleeping

Gabi loves to stretch in the morning and after her naps.

She always wakes up with a smile!

She loves her fist!

3 comments:

JenW said...

what cute pictures of gabi on the campout. way to be contributing members of the ward! it's good to hear you got moved in well and there are so many nice people around to help! i hope gabi's hemangioma gets better quickly!

Laurel said...

Very fun! I love that first picture, she really looks scared!

Audrey said...

loved the huge eyes and the comment with the pic. Her smile is so sweet too!