This is Jack...I guess I am allowed to chime in on here too sometimes. We moved two weeks ago...back to Arizona from BFE. The area around the ASU East Campus was nice, but it was just too far away from Phoenix....I couldn't handle a commute that long. My buddy Dennis had 3 bedroom townhouse in Tempe which he was looking to rent out...so that's where we ended up. We plan to be here for at least a year (until I finish the clerkship) at which point we'll take a serious look at the housing market and make a decision about whether to buy (according to a study in the NYTimes, the Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale area is the second most likely place in the country to lose value over the next two years....64% chance of double digit loses....seems pretty arbitrary considering the market is nearly impossible to predict....but it could be good for us I guess).
The move went off without a hitch (except for the rain). We're so grateful to have so many friends that were willing to help out. We started at 6am and just about everybody I asked to come showed up! We had 11 adults and 3 children giving a hand...almost too much help! It got a little crowded and it wasn't uncommon to have to wait in line to load something in the truck. We had the truck loaded by about 7:30 and unloaded at the new place by 9:30.
Gabi is tired after the move!

Shots of people who helped us move. Look at all the muddy tracks!



No comments:
Post a Comment