I am sad to report that our beloved computer has died....
Roughly two months ago he started showing signs of poor health.
Upon rebooting and startup words like "hard drive failure is imminent please back up your files immediately" kept appearing.
We had hoped he would last another year, but apparently imminent means this past Sunday 9/9 (Two weeks after the warranty expired). For now, he is still on "life support" because he won't turn off. We will be pulling the plug soon. Sadly, this particular computer's life only lasted a little over a year. His two predecessors also lasted less than 18 months. Do yourselves a favor, don't shop in the "disposable" computer isle at BestBuy. They really should give these cheap computers expiration or "sell by" dates like with dairy products.
We managed to back up (crosses fingers) a majority of our pictures but the other documents may be long gone.
His replacement has already been chosen, but will not be purchased until Jack starts with the firm (read Annie wants an Apple and Jack promised her long before this computer died that she will get one). Luckily we still have Jack's laptop to work from.
I am writing from my work computer so there may not be as many pictures from now until we get our new computer.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
There has been a death in the family...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Rest in Peace! We are so dang dependent on these things, I get so frustrated sometimes!
sorry about your computer. I hope you get the one you want!! That is cool you found us on christian's blog... I went to high school in Pennsylvania whit christian.
Post a Comment